Research Engineer (m/f)
in vivo pharmacology and clinical translation
Evotec is a drug discovery solutions company providing drug discovery expertise and capabilities to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies as well as to academic institutions. Drug discovery solutions are provided in form of fee-for-service work, integrated drug discovery alliances, development partnerships, licensing of innovative drug candidates and consulting arrangements. The Company operates worldwide and has leading scientific experts, state-of-the-art technologies as well as key therapeutic expertise in the areas of neuroscience, pain, metabolic diseases, oncology, inflammation and infectious diseases. By leveraging this expertise, Evotec intends to develop best-in-class and first-in-class differentiated therapeutics on its systematic, unbiased and comprehensive infrastructure.
Evotec is built on integrated drug discovery know-how of 20 years and is a leading player in the drug discovery field. The Company’s headquarters are located in Hamburg, Germany. Additional major operating sites exist in UK, Germany, France Italy, Switzerland, and USA, and we have more than 2000 employees worldwide.
For our site in Toulouse, France, we are looking for a highly motivated
Research Engineer (m/f) in vivo pharmacology and clinical translation
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
- Temporary, 12 months
- Ensure appropriate handling and processing of human and mouse materials (animals, tissues, cells …)
- Contribute to the development, follow up and improvement of in vivo models in rodents and in vitro / ex vivo assays on human and mouse cells for the identification of new therapies for different indications: measuring activity of compounds and / or validation of targets and biomarkers.
- Present work, to the project team members, in a synthetic manner, analyse results and propose new integrated experimental plans matching with team and project needs.
Missions and responsibilities:
Contribute to the development, follow up and improvement of in vivo models in rodents and in vitro / ex vivo assays on human and mouse cells for the identification of new therapies for different indications:
- Participate in the drafting and validation of the studies plan
- Take in charge the management of the in vivo life part and ex vivo analyses :
- In-Vivo Pharmacology: Perform pharmaco-kinetics, pharmaco-dynamics and efficacy studies with mouse/human samples (handling of animals, cell culture, tumor growth monitoring, in vitro biology/biochemistry analysis (Western Blot, ELISA,…), flow cytometry, histology,..).
Clinical Translation: Perform ex vivo and/or efficacy studies with mouse/human samples for the validation of markers and biomarkers (handling of animals, cell culture, tumor growth monitoring, flow cytometry and histology).
Immuno-oncology: Perform in vitro, ex vivo and efficacy studies with mouse/human samples to evaluate the function of immune cells (handling of animals, cell culture, tumor growth monitoring, flow cytometry, cytokine dosage, isolation and purification of immune and other cells types from blood samples and tissues (lymphocytes, monocytes, macrophages, cancer cells…etc)
Perform data analysis, statistical analysis and synthesis.
- Write study reports in connection with his/her superior and the other members of the team.
- Respect the planned experiments and the timelines.
- Develop and foster a strong commitment to innovation within the team to maintain a high level of scientific and technical expertise in the immuno-oncology domain; translate new scientific concepts into biological experiments.
- Implement various techniques (cellular biology, biochemical methods, histology) by following the instructions and propose adaptations of methods and experimental procedures.
- Work as part of a team and at the interface of several part of the business.
- Perform the training of lab technicians into the team and across department.
- Team-work and development of transverse interactions with others team of the department “Translational biology” and with teams of the other departments.
- Contribute or lead projects of continuous improvement, which can benefit from tools of the Lean methodology.
- Conduct those activities in accordance with applicable Quality procedures, as well as in accordance with the current hygiene, safety, security, and environmental rules.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High knowledge in oncology and /or immunology fields
- Good knowledge of techniques related to the animal experiment with rodents (handling, surgery, sampling, imaging,…)
- Isolation of cells from blood samples and/or tissues from human and / or mice
- Biochemical and biological techniques: ELISA, mesoscale, Western blot, HTRF, flow cytometry, cell culture…
- Histological techniques: paraffin inclusion, cryoblocks, slides cutting, IHC labelling, coloration…
- Ability to perform statistical analysis.
- Ability to work at the interface of several groups (in vitro, screening, in vivo, biomarkers, DMPK).
- Ability to propose innovations or processes improvement
- Ability to communicate, interpret and format results
- Excellent team-working skills while autonomous in her/he daily work.
- Ability to work in transverse and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to supervise trainees and to train collaborators on newly developed assays.
- Customer oriented and sensitive to deadlines observation
- Excellent oral communication skill for synthetically and concisely presenting generated results
- Rigorous, organized, autonomy, team spirit and dynamic.
- English/French: written, read and spoken
Experience and education:
- Bac+5 (Master 2) or equivalent
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry or biotech is recommended.
- FELASA accreditation B and/or C or equivalent could be required.
Astuces pour améliorer votre CV :
- indiquez clairement la durée de vos missions professionnelles et stages
- pensez à quantifier vos missions, études etc... (exemples : fréquence, nombre d'études menées, nombre de missions etc...)
- Listez les compétences déjà vues ou maitrisées (précisez le niveau) par rapport à celles énoncées dans l'annonce.